Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Angels » Seeing a God for the First Time (An experience my companion and I had while serving a mission.)
Seeing a God for the First Time [message #369] Fri, 25 May 2012 04:16 Go to next message
Seeker is currently offline  Seeker
Here is an interesting story I though I would share with the group...

Quote:
From my perception I thought I saw an angel who was extremely bright, but after many discussions with my missionary companion, I realized it was a God. From this experience I learned that I had many experiences speaking with angels prior to this point, I just didn't realize that I was actually talking to angels or even Gods.

This first experience was when I inadvertently "Dropped In" or "Eves Dropped" on a prayer and subsequent revelation my missionary companion was receiving.

We were serving in the Ireland Dublin mission. My senior companion and I were both inquisitive and filled with the spirit. We worked hard, prayed sincerely, studied like crazy and were constantly having amazing revelations. It was truly a highlight of both of our missions.

One morning I woke up very sick. I thought it was an allergic reaction because I was rarely contagious and had experienced sever allergies to pollens my entire youth. I had been sick quite often and only realized years later that I was experiencing allergic reactions to the food I was eating. By sick, I mean flu like symptoms, runny nose, watery eyes, etc.

On this particular day I was determined to go out and work. I was tired of wasting my service time studying, resting and not working. My companion humored me knowing that I looked like I had the plague. With a pocket full of handkerchiefs and a prayer we headed out to knock doors.

I laugh at the thought of what I looked like from the other side of the door with my red running eyes, and stuffed up voice trying desperately to compose myself. Heaven help me, I tried, but I just couldn't do it.

I finally gave up when between houses I sneezed so hard into my handkerchief that the pressure from the sneeze caused mucus to shoot from my sinus cavity out my the corner of my eye. It felt and looked so wired. To this day it seems so weird that I had to look it up and found that everyone has a hole in the corner of their eyelid called a "puncta lacrimalia" which moves excess tears from the eye to the nasal cavity. This is what causes the runny nose when we cry. I had sneezed so hard that the pressure caused the mucus in my nose to go backward through this hole and out my eye and about 3 feet away.

My companion saw it too, and we were both shocked and grossed out, as I am sure you are now, hehehe. At this point I decided that I was too sick to work and we went back to our "flat" which was a small two story town house.

The bottom floor included the front door which led through a small hall past a coat closet to the right front side of the main room. On the back left of the main room was the door to the bathroom and to the back right was a doorway (no door) to the small kitchen. On the right front of the main room was a staircase to the second floor which ascended up to a small room which was over the coat closet and entry hallway. In this room there was a wardrobe and enough room for our suit cases. At the end of the small room was a door that led to the bedroom which had 2 twin sized beds and a window. It was a very small cramped flat. (See the picture I attached to this post.)

When we got home I went to upstairs to bed and slept soundly. My companion stayed down stairs, fiddled around got some food and then studied for a while.

With that background we are now at a cross road in the story as what I experienced is only half of the story. The other half is the experience of my companion.

Together we support and validate each others experience from our own point of view. While writing this I wanted to ensure as best as possible that I reporting to you everything correctly, so I called my previous companion, who has remained my close friend these many years, and we discussed the experience together and verified what we remember with journal entries.

My Companion's Experience/Viewpoint:
At some point during his study session he felt a very strong desire to learn more about the doctrine of making his calling and election sure. Not general information, but what he specifically needed to do to receive this blessing for himself. (Not general qualifications which everyone needs to do, but what HE needed to do himself from where he was right at that moment.)

He knelt down in the center of the main room and began to pray. In response to his prayer he received a detailed and lengthy revelation. It was very powerful. He tried to write down the entire revelation as best he could but was unable to remember all the details and points.

Eventually, after recording what he could remember and giving up on the rest, he finished up and came up stairs for bed. After dressing for bed in the small room between the stairs and the bedroom, he quietly opened the door and walked in.

I, still laying down and physically unconscious, without moving anything except my mouth said to him, "That was the most beautiful thing I have ever heard!"

My companion asked, "What?"

I replied, still physically unconscious, "Someone's prayer was just answered and it was the most beautiful thing I have ever heard!"

My companion thinking to himself, "I just had my prayer answered, this is weird," asked me, "What did you hear?"

I began to tell him what I heard which he immediately recognized as being the revelation he had just received. My companion was astonished and began to naturally ask clarifying questions. We reviewed the revelation in some detail for about 5 minutes while my companion wrote in his journal those things which he had forgotten. He found that I had heard the entire revelation. I then began to slur in response to his questions and went back to sleep.

I slept for around 15 minutes. When I woke up, I was wide awake and full of energy. With bright eyes and cheerful disposition I asked, "what's up?"

He said, "You don't remember do you?"

I paused for a moment wondering what he was talking about and immediately remembered everything, (except for the detailed points of the revelation which were specific to him). It surprised even me. I realized immediately that if he had not said anything I wouldn't have even tried to remember and it would have simply and naturally faded in my mind as if it had never happened. I also wondered how many times I had experienced similar things and had not noticed or forgotten. (I came to understand later in life that people have great experiences like this often and often forget or they are hidden from our conscious minds.)

My Experience/View Point:
While I was lying in bed physically asleep I was spiritually awake, kind of like being hypnotized or in deep meditation. In this state I was aware of not only the room I was in, but also the entire house. I could see through the floors and walls as if they were transparent although I was aware that they were there. This felt very natural and normal to me as if it was no big deal. I watched my companion through the floor below me as he fiddled around, when to the kitchen, studied and eventually knelt down in the center of the main room down stairs and began praying. I was aware of his physical location in relation to me, (down and forward from me as I slept).

While he prayed a glorious bright white pillar or conduit of light radiated diagonally down past me to him. I looked and saw the source of the light which was a glorious being whom I assumed was an angel whose detailed features were hidden by the incredible white light radiating from him. He appeared behind my head and above me, outside the front walls of the house floating in the air, (roughly 3 stories above the ground).

The angel/being began to talk with my companion in response to his prayer. He communicated without speaking words using the bright conduit of light that proceeded from the angel, through the walls and floor past me to my companion. The light surrounded and filled both the angel and him.

The revelation was carried from the angel, past me to my companion through this conduit of pure light. I heard the entire revelation and it was beautiful. I could no longer remember the details of the revelation which were very specific and personal to my companion.

After the prayer had been answered, the light conduit dissipated and I could no longer see the angel/being. I could still see my companion as he wrote in his journal for a while then tidied up, turned out the lights and came up the stairs. I saw him getting ready for bed and finally quietly opening the door to the bedroom. I was so overcome by the beautiful revelation and experience that I had to express it. As soon as he walked in the door I spoke to him as if I were wide awake thinking nothing odd was occurring, "That was the most beautiful thing I have ever heard!"

My companion asked, "What?"

I replied, somehow not making the obvious connection that it was his prayer that had been answered I said, "Someone's prayer was just answered and it was the most beautiful thing I have ever heard!"

The remainder of the discussion with my companion remains fuzzy. The next thing I knew was that I was wide awake and had just been talking with my companion about something but wasn't sure where we left off or even what we were talking about. I felt like I had missed something so, I asked, "What's up?" to which my companion responded, "You don't remember do you?"

I paused for a moment wondering what he was talking about and immediately remembered almost everything, except for the detailed points of the revelation. It surprised even me. I realized immediately that if he had not said anything I wouldn't have even tried to remember and it would have simply and naturally faded in my mind as if it had never happened. I also wondered how many times I had experienced similar things and had not noticed or forgotten.

The Rest of the Story
We began to discuss what happened and realized that we both experienced it and could validate each other's experience.

Not long into the discussion my companion asked me how I felt. I hadn't even given it any thought, but after a brief self assessment I reported that I felt better than I have in a very long time. He then told me that he had also asked in his prayer that I be healed and was promised that I would be. And it was miraculously fulfilled.

We finished asking each other questions and wrote in our journals regarding the experience before finally going to bed.

This experience was very powerful not only because of the spiritual nature of the experience, but because of the validation we had as a natural result of the mutual experience.

At the time I thought it was an angel as I could not comprehend seeing a God. And I wasn't rude enough to interrupt the conversation to ask the being for his ID card and level of progression. Only recently after having many discussions with my companion he convinced me that he was praying to and speaking with God. And that God responded to him and that what I saw was the God that he prayed to who answers his prayers. He has a very good relationship with God, now more than ever, and with his frequent interactions with God, recognizes His voice today as the same voice and presence that answered his prayer that evening.

In addition, I finally acknowledged that I have never seen angels with so much light radiating from them. The verdict is still out as to which God I saw, (Father, Son or Holy Ghost).

Later that night while I slept, he was attacked by his, "Dweller". After casting him out in the name of Jesus Christ, the room became bright. He sat up in bed and saw Christ standing at the foot of his bed. He was filled from toe to head with light as if by fire. And was given his calling and election made sure.

Christ departed and the room became dark again and my companion went straight back to sleep.

Over the years following this event, my mission companion and I have revisited this experience a number of times. The information gained by knowing both view points has been invaluable in learning to recognize and visit with other ministering angels as well as piercing the veil to communicate with lost loved ones.

I have added my thoughts regarding this process and the things I learned to the Elliaison group book efforts. So, they will be organized and included in a coming book.

Edited: Added quotes for clarification. - Amonhi

~ Seeker

[Updated on: Thu, 03 January 2013 23:58] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Seeing a God for the First Time [message #371 is a reply to message #369] Fri, 25 May 2012 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
I love this story. Amazing!
Re: Seeing a God for the First Time [message #389 is a reply to message #369] Sat, 26 May 2012 12:55 Go to previous message
Eve_ is currently offline  Eve_
That was an awesome experience. Thanks for sharing it.
Previous Topic: Visit with my Grandmother
Next Topic: When Angels pushed me up the hill
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:13:45 MDT 2024