Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » The Endowment (The Spiritual Gifts )
Re: The Endowment [message #3727 is a reply to message #3717] Sun, 17 November 2019 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brrgilbert is currently offline  brrgilbert
/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=232&private=0

"I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies."

The Little Prince by St. Exupery
Re: The Endowment [message #3728 is a reply to message #3717] Sun, 17 November 2019 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
Inasmuch as wonderful qualities are seen and experienced in others . . . all good comes from God and anyone who has seen the least of these has been able to recognize characteristics of God in a facet.

"I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies."

Re: The Endowment [message #3730 is a reply to message #3728] Sun, 17 November 2019 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know that God Loves me . . .
/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=234&private=0

Re: The Endowment [message #3731 is a reply to message #3730] Sun, 17 November 2019 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I LOVE GOD . . .

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=235&private=0

Re: The Endowment [message #3733 is a reply to message #3731] Thu, 21 November 2019 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=236&private=0

Re: The Endowment [message #3741 is a reply to message #3733] Wed, 27 November 2019 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=241&private=0

Re: The Endowment [message #3758 is a reply to message #3717] Sat, 30 November 2019 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He has us "engraven" on His hands, and in borrowing "country" vernacular, WE ARE HIS "HANDS" in the commission to "feed His sheep."

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=256&private=0

By helping Him do His work, we can bring order to a world in chaos. It takes a great deal of effort; a great deal of caring and a great deal of sharing. That which is received "freely" by way of revelation should be shared "freely" without price. Anything other than "consecration" is not acceptable before God. He is disappointed if we sell Him for a price. It is called "Priest" "craft" or making an occupation out of selling "priestly" things: viz a viz, TRUTH. The Savior was very angered to view "money changers" in the Temple. They were not selling things "at cost," but had inflated the value to make a profit and it became their "craft."

The reason that it is imperative to share freely is given by the following scriptures:

Quote:
2 Nephi 9:
50 Come, my brethren, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters; and he that hath no money, come buy and eat; yea, come buy wine and milk without money and without price.
51 Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy. Hearken diligently unto me, and remember the words which I have spoken; and come unto the Holy One of Israel, and feast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness.
Quote:
2 Nephi 26:
25 Behold, doth he cry unto any, saying: Depart from me? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; but he saith: Come unto me all ye ends of the earth, buy milk and honey, without money and without price.

Righteousness means doing "right" things for the "right" reasons.

Quote:
Doctrine and Covenants 52:11

11 For thus saith the Lord, I will cut my work short in righteousness, for the days come that I will send forth judgment unto victory.
Quote:
Alma 5:41

41 Therefore, if a man bringeth forth good works he hearkeneth unto the voice of the good shepherd, and he doth follow him; but whosoever bringeth forth evil works, the same becometh a child of the devil, for he hearkeneth unto his voice, and doth follow him.
Quote:
2 Nephi 26:31

31 But the laborer in Zion shall labor for Zion; for if they labor for money they shall perish.
Quote:
Doctrine and Covenants 84:97

97 And plagues shall go forth, and they shall not be taken from the earth until I have completed my work, which shall be cut short in righteousness--
Quote:
Doctrine and Covenants 100:
15 Therefore, let your hearts be comforted; for all things shall work together for good to them that walk uprightly, and to the sanctification of the church.
16 For I will raise up unto myself a pure people, that will serve me in righteousness;
17 And all that call upon the name of the Lord, and keep his commandments, shall be saved. Even so. Amen.

Purity is established in LOVE:

Quote:
Moroni 7:
48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.

[Updated on: Sat, 30 November 2019 12:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: The Endowment [message #3779 is a reply to message #3717] Sat, 07 December 2019 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In review, we have spoken about Justification, Sanctification and Purification; becoming and maintaining innocence, holiness and purity. The previous posting, in "similarity," reveals that the Savior died for us in "The needs of the many . . . ." Isn't it time to realize that "out of LOVE," "the needs of the ONE . . . ."

And so, in order to receive the "Final Endowment;" The Holy Spirit of Presence, we must put on a "mantle," as it were and be clothed in a very notable and prominent virtue:

Quote:
Moroni 7:
46 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail--
47 But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.
48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.
/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=273&private=0

Re: The Endowment [message #3788 is a reply to message #3779] Sun, 08 December 2019 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/62/72/RqINoHxl_t.png

Re: The Endowment [message #3905 is a reply to message #3788] Sun, 15 November 2020 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contemplator is currently offline  Contemplator
Thank you brrgilbert. This is an inspiring and uplifting thread!
Re: The Endowment [message #3920 is a reply to message #3671] Sun, 05 September 2021 13:37 Go to previous message
[img]https://ibb.co/RvSPYkd[/img]

Previous Topic: Prophecy by Joseph Smith Jr.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 09:44:43 MDT 2024