Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Scripture Discussion » Lost Books » The Mentinah Archive (Record of the Nemenhah (Those Who Went With Hagoth))
The Mentinah Archive [message #3643] Thu, 28 February 2019 07:58 Go to next message
The Airbender is currently offline  The Airbender
I'm sure someone on here has heard of this book, right?

An obscure record, found in the mountains, translated by someone who shouldn't be able to translate, a record about the people who lived in America before us. Sound familiar?

I've read that whole book and I personally love it. It did not make me jump up and join with Phillip Cloudpiler Landis, one of the translators, and join his new religion. No. But I do believe it to be a pure record and true.

There is soooo much to the book that gives new insights into the Nephite/Lamanite conflict. I believe the purpose of the book is to teach us how to successfully live the Law of Consecration. There are several prophecies regarding our day found within, and they add many clues to the geography of the Book of Mormon.

This record mentions people visiting by crossing from a land bridge that was sometimes available during the cold season (Bering Strait), speaks of people living in an area where you cross and travel along bodies of water as large as the sea (great lakes area), as well as a voyage up a great brown river through very, very tall canyons (Colorado River, Grand Canyon), as well as mentioning places that must be the Gulf of Mexico, Baja California, and even further down.

It places the location of the Land of Nephi somewhere down by Guatemala or lower, but it gives an explanation as to why the Hill Cumorah would be in New York. That is, Mormon's father was one of the Nemenhah and was sent as a missionary to the Nephites. Moroni might have returned to his people after the last conflict, and they had moved /expanded as far east as New England. So, Chad Daybell talks about records in Guatemala. Check. Kingdom of Zion talks about records in southeastern Utah, western Colorado, check. The Hill Cumorah in New York, check.

Would anyone be interested in my posting some exerpts of the book to this thread?
Re: The Mentinah Archive [message #3644 is a reply to message #3643] Sat, 02 March 2019 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Airbender is currently offline  The Airbender
The digital book I have is about 1,300 pages. It begins with...

The Book of Hahgohtl
Founder of the Ancient Nemenhah

"Behold, I am Hahgohtl, and I am waxed old. I write this book so that my generations may be kept and so that the acts of my people may be recorded.
I am that same Hahgohtl, the son of Hahgmehni who was the boon companion of Mohrhohnahyah and followed him in war and peace. And it was my father who was a builder of walls and battlements who assisted Mohrhohnahyah in subduing the enemies of the Nayfihah and in securing our lands and our religion and our freedom.

The same was my father, and he descended from that Tsohrahm who took the eldest of the daughters of Itsmahayl to wife; and also from Ayahkohb the brother of Nayfi, whose father took his journey into the wilderness from Ayahtsahlehm when Tsahdohkhayah was king; and also from that Tsimiohn who was a Priest of the Tuhhuhl Nuhmehn, who took his journey with Muhlehk when the Behnhahminhah retreated from ruined Ayahtsahlehm, and also from that Muhlehk himself, who was son of Tsahdohkhayah the King.

Wherefore behold, I am descended from Ayohtsahts, the same who was sold into Mitsrayin, and from Ahahrohn the brother of Mohtsah, and also from Ayuhdah. "Behold, I have seen much war and much peace. In the years of my life I have seen much prosperity and much poverty. I have governed my people when the Spirit strove with them and many received the Haymehnay and prophesied, and I have governed when many people denied the faith. Wherefore, it seemed meet to my people that I should make an account of all of our doings.

In the year that Mohrhohnahyah, that great captain of the Nayfihah, died, behold, my father also died. For, he had received many wounds in the wars. But my father taught me in all manner of building and I became exceedingly accomplished in the building with wood.

Now, it was also in that year that many of the Nayfihah began to see that those families who had not sent men into the wars to protect their liberties, were filled with pride. For they were very rich because of their trade in the wars. Many could see the seeds of the downfall of our nation and they desired to go into the Waykiktsitspah (Land Northward). And there were others who saw that much of the country was wasted and yet the Lahmahnhah persisted. Therefore, many desired to move, as our father Nayfi (had) moved away from a similar threat.

Wherefore, I built a ship, and it was after the pattern of the ship built by Nayfi except that it was much larger. Into this ship went up many of the Nayfihah and from Pah Itsaypwaysay (Bountiful Land), by the Isthmus, they set sail into the West Sea. These Nayfihah sailed following the shore northward beyond the Dahkuhpahtspah ("Dead" or "Desolate" Land), and they went down out of the ship at the mouth of a great river. The place where they went down out of the ship was barren in the extreme, however, and the people sent the ship and a few trusty men back to the Pah Itsaypwaysay for provisions.

Now, I, Hahgohtl, being very concerned for our brethren and their families who had made the journey into the north by sea, I went to Tsihblohn to get the word of our God concerning them.

Now Tsihblohn was also concerned, for many had also taken their journey northward by land. And he went to the Peacemaker and inquired of Him. And the Peacemaker commanded that I should send provisions unto the Nayfihah in the Waykiktsitspah both by the West Sea and by the East Sea.

Yea, I did build a fleet of ships by which many of the Nayfihah and their families removed into the Waykiktsitspah, and Tsihblohn commanded that copies be made of all the writings of our fathers and that they should be carried with those journeying into the Waykiktsitspah so that the people should not dwindle in unbelief.

Now, the people who sailed to the Waykiktsitispah by way of the East Sea found a land of dense forests and much water and they did establish themselves somewhat in that land and a record is kept, I am told, of their doings.

The people who journeyed into the Waykiktsitspah by way of the West Sea passed near unto the Dahkuhpahtspah and for many days found a land barren and unforgiving. And when they ran low of provisions, they stayed their journey at the mouth of a great river and sent my ship back for provisions.

And I did send even more ships and more people into the Waykiktsitsipah by that same route, for it seemed curious to me that so great a river should flow out of a barren country. And even I, myself, took my family and certain of the Lahmahnhah of the People of Ahmohn, who had covenanted with Mohrhohnahyah to take up the sword no more against us, even they went with me into the Waykiktsitspah.

And it came to pass that we kept the land in sight, lest we become lost in the sea and we came to a place where there was land on the right hand and land afar off on the left hand for many days, and we traveled between the shores until they came together at the mouth of the great river of which I had been told and of which I have.

Now, the water of the river was muddied as if it had traveled down from out of a mountainous place and where it emptied into the sea, it sullied the clear blue waters there.

But there was an abundance of fish in this place, yea, even great martial fish which provided much meat, and though the land was barren, some of our people desired to stay there because of the abundance of fish and other creatures of the sea that they could trade with our brethren in the Waynahstitspah (Land Southward). Yea, the more part of them desired to stay and build a settlement, and they did establish themselves at the mouth of the river.

But I desired not to live in a barren land, for I was a builder in wood and behold, in the place where the river emptied into the great bay, there was no wood. Therefore, I was desirous to know of the land from whence the river flowed, for the waters contained much earth and it seemed reasonable to me that the land out of which the waters flowed must be extremely rich, to nourish a river so.

Therefore, I took those families that would follow me and we fashioned smaller boats after the fashion of the Lahmahnhah, which were propelled by oars; for our large ships used the wind to propel them and they were as great birds of the sea, pushed along upon the winds; and we took much provisions and we took our journey upon the river to see where it would lead us.

Therefore, I and twelve other of my brethren from among the Nayfihah and twelve of our brethren from among the Lahmahnhah took our families and our provisions and we made our expedition into the Waykiktsitspah.

Behold, we traveled a long way and the land was for many days barren and we found few streams that emptied into the river. Wherefore, it continued strange to us that so great a river should pass through such a dry land.

Then we came to a place where the river had carved great canyons and precipices, even so much that the walls thereof surpassed by many times the height of the Tuhhuhl Nuhmehns of the Nayfihah. Yea, so exceedingly tall were they in some places that even our strongest men could not climb to the tops thereof.

Now, the journey through this part of the land became very challenging, for we had thought to find a rich land with game and provision. But we could not ascertain the nature of the land because of the exceeding steepness and the height of the precipice.

Here and there we found places to land but they were sparing and we found no game and little provision. Yea, and the water was plentiful but, being muddy, it was of questionable worth to drink. Yea, our suffering was great, for we were unprepared and hasty[vii].

And it came to pass that our suffering became so great because of the heat that some of our people drank heavily of the water of the river and became extremely ill with fevers and with flux.

For, the water was only sound for cooking and was unsafe to drink. Wherefore, the women and children, when the food was gone and the water being at hand did put forth their hands from the boats and drank of it freely from the river, then verily did they begin to suffer with a great suffering, for the water was heavy and unfit to drink.

Verily, when our suffering was the most acute, we put our boats in upon a small island of yellow sand and we turned them so that we could use them as a shelter from the sun, for the heat was great upon the river, and we cried unto the Creator and prepared ourselves for the inevitable end that we each knew was about to come upon us.

Yea, so great was our suffering that we were all ready to give up the ghost, almost believing that there was no deliverance for us.

And it came to pass that one of the young men had given all his water and provision along the way to his companions. Therefore, the suffering for him was even more acute than for us, so much so that his mind was overcome and he went down to the water and stretched forth his hand to open the vein and laid himself in the water so that it would bleed out, whereby he might quickly free himself from so great a suffering.

And verily, I heard a commotion from where I was, and I went down to the water to see, and behold, a great fish had taken hold of the young man by the arm and stopped the bleeding thereof.

Now the fish was extremely large. Yea, the length of it even exceeded the length of one of our boats and the girth of it was equal to the breadth of one of our boats. Surely, the fish was so great that it could have taken the young man whole into its mouth. Nevertheless it took only the arm, and thrashed not. Wherefore, I took my sword and killed the fish and the young man was saved.

But we were also all saved by this providence, for behold, in the fish was much meat and when we opened the entrails of the fish we found a great store of green stuff, the which was very useful for food and for medicine.

Therefore, after preparing the meat and the contents of the fish, we began to recover from our suffering and we gave thanks to the Peacemaker, lifting up our voices to Him for the miracle He had provided for us in the saving of our lives.

Wherefore, did we learn a great lesson because, even in our despair, or because of our despair, we did not forget our God nor deny Him even to the ending of our lives. Wherefore, He did open the heavens and saved our lives notwithstanding our despair was deep and our suffering was beyond our ability to bear it.

When we had prepared all of the fish and distributed it evenly among our people, each receiving their portion; for we esteemed each other equally, and in order that pride and division not grow up among us, we had all things in common; we resumed our journey up the river.

And the river was great and very powerful in places. Nevertheless, with great effort we made our way.

And after the space of many days we left the great canyons and precipices and came into a land rich in every way. Yea, there were trees of all kinds near the sides of the rivers and plants for food and medicine in abundance. There were many smaller rivers and streams that emptied into the great river and each ruled its own valley into which other streams flowed.

Behold, we had discovered a land of many rivers and mountains, a rich land, and our hearts were exceedingly glad.

Behold, with us traveled two Healers, who were gifted in their profession, and they discovered a curious thing. Yea, the one was called Kuhmehnahyay and the other Hehmehntah, his brother, and they were accomplished in the finding out of the uses of plants.

And they were Lahmahnhah who had readily covenanted with Mohrhohnahyah to go no more to war against the Nayfihah. Therefore, they desired to leave the lands of their fathers and bind themselves to us, their new brethren, and travel with us to a new land.

Now, in the land of our fathers there are many plants that are very good for food and there are many that are good for medicine.
Behold, good food is usually good medicine. For this cause is it given unto man to nourish the body and enliven the soul[xii]. But behold, those plants that are more specifically used for medicine are not used as food, for they are extremely powerful. Verily, they must be used with prudence and extreme caution.

But these men found plants that are both good for food and for medicine, so that simply to eat our provision is at once nourishment and a ward against sickness. Therefore did the people confirm them as Healers and Teachers and they taught us all their profession.

And it was ninety and three days from the time we left our brethren at the mouth of the great river and that was in the thirty and eighth year of the reign of the judges over the Nayfihah.

Yea, we traveled up the great river ninety and three days and we came to a place where the river became wide and there were great fields of grass on both sides of the river. In this place the river made a great turning, whereas it had run somewhat into the east parts, it now turned again northward. At this great bending in the river we disembarked and built our settlement.

And I, Hahgohtl, sent four of our young men back down the river to give our brethren word of our success and instructions for safely traveling through the canyons. For there was also much wood in the mountains and we were desirous to set up trade by shipping with those who settled at the mouth of the river, for there the land was barren and they had no wood.

Now, the river was heavy with red earth, and the walls of the canyons through which we had traveled were red, wherefore, we called the river Aykihts, which being interpreted means "red earth". And the city which the Nayfihah built was called Aykihtshah, after the name of the river. The city which we built the people called Hahgohtlah after the manner of the Nayfihah, but to most it has been known as the City of Hahgohtl.

[Updated on: Sat, 02 March 2019 07:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: The Mentinah Archive [message #3899 is a reply to message #3643] Thu, 20 August 2020 23:39 Go to previous message
Truthfinder78 is currently offline  Truthfinder78
This is excellent!!! Thank you for sharing’
Previous Topic: Sacred Texts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 22:59:03 MDT 2024