Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » Current Church Doctrine » Cultivating Humor: The Council of Fifty (The Power of Relieving Tension and Fostering Good Will)
Cultivating Humor: The Council of Fifty [message #3820] Mon, 06 January 2020 15:20 Go to next message
brrgilbert is currently offline  brrgilbert
In future installments and "hopefully" participation, the role of the Council of Fifty with regard to establishing the Kingdom of God upon the earth, will gain merit and understanding. In anticipation, I thought that it would be wonderful to share something that was shared by a man who I respect, who is a Minister and has a PhD in Theology in a Facebook group called: Second Advent: Virtual Council of Fifty.

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=284&private=0

"I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies."

The Little Prince by St. Exupery
Re: Cultivating Humor: The Council of Fifty [message #3822 is a reply to message #3820] Thu, 09 January 2020 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Council of Fifty was originated to help establish the Kingdom of God and included people who were not members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. There is no "monopoly" on TRUTH. The revelation of TRUTH is not consigned to only one group of people. It was never intended to be "exclusive." Heavenly Father is working with ALL of His Children. As we recognize this and realize that there are many TRUTHS that need to be combined into a whole, we will reach out and bridge the enmity and division that has been fostered by contention and pride. There is nothing more destructive to UNITY than the arrogance of feeling superior or better than someone else. This is not the case. No one, no group is "superior" than another, as all have sinned and fallen short. In fact, this has been expounded in scripture:

Quote:
1 Corinthians 12:15-31 King James Version (KJV)

15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.
21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.
25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.
/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=285&private=0

Posturing on a "Soapbox" is relegated to the following choices: "Arm and Hammer" or "Gain" or "Tide" or "All," but, hopefully, never "Borax" as in (Bore Axe) inferring a drawn out hatchet job. Contention and finger pointing ought not cause splinters. It should be a time of gathering and not scattering.

"I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies."

Re: Cultivating Humor: The Council of Fifty [message #3823 is a reply to message #3822] Thu, 09 January 2020 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
While we are on the subject of preparation:

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=286&private=0
  • Attachment: Energized.jpg
    (Size: 81.90KB, Downloaded 229 times)

Re: Cultivating Humor: The Council of Fifty [message #3880 is a reply to message #3823] Sun, 26 July 2020 23:14 Go to previous message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Not sure why, but the attachments aren't working for me.
On the subject of the Council of 50, I've just finished writing some scenes in my novel series about the Council of 50 being re instituted. Possibly as early as later this year, or as late as 2022.

- Dragon
Previous Topic: The Greatest Attribute: LOVE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 15:26:29 MDT 2024